Pies are a terrific invention.
This is one of life pleasures. To this day I still remember being at Tamaki Primary School in New Zealand and being hauled by the odor of the pies coming for school lunch, the odor wafting down the hallway and cutting our attention spans to is an oxy-acetylene torch applied to a block of butter.
When I was a lad Number of choices when it came to pies, but they were alternatives.
We had a choice of pies, Steak pies, pepper pies, potato high pies, the wildly exotic curry pie and then an excellent invention, the onion and tomato pie, where strips of superheated onion burned across the lip like an angry box jellyfish. On the weekends best carbonara singapore, if we had been blessed, the egg and carbonara yolk could make an appearance, and this was among the best of the lot.
- I place it Buffet and it is a favorite addition.
- These days the filling within your pie and choice is limited only by your imagination.
- Some Fantastic ones include Steak and cheese, broccoli mornay, green curry chicken, masala beef, beef and red wine gravy, mushroom pies, chicken mushroom white wine, goulash, smoked fish in white
- A milder is required by the pie dough a filling base, and a pastry lid.
- Puff pastry May Be Used for the Lid, though this has a propensity to live up to puff skywards and it is title.
- Better is a, or a pastry ‘rough puff’ that is easier and quicker to create.
Here’s a recipe for the lid
- 550g flour
- 120 lard
- 200 butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Sift flour and mix the salt
- Rub half of the lard and rub at it until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add enough water to create dough that is soft.
- Mix the butter with the remaining lard
- Roll the dough to a rectangle.
- Set teaspoon and take 1/3 of the butter lard mix sized chunks on the left around 2/3 of the pastry.
- Fold the empty hand side 1/3 of pastry over half of the pastry with butter knobs. Fold into the left.
- There are three layers. By pressing seal the sides of the pastry. Turn 90 degrees and roll into a rectangle.